Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recycled Jewelry

Nan Varley Gilbert knows her 3 R's and she applies them to the jewelry she makes.  The 3 R's?  Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.  I asked her to describe her work.

"I mainly collect old jewelry (crystals and other beads from the late 1800s and early 1900s). If it is in fine condition, I might add it to my growing collection. If it isn't collectable, I will reuse parts to create new designs. Hence, a pair of vintage crystal earrings might become a contemporary bracelet and earrings. I especially enjoy doing that with a bride's late grandmother's jewelry so that she can wear her grandmother's pieces in her wedding."

Here is an example of Nan's work.


Beautiful Nan.  Thank you for sharing. 

Home Electronics Disposal

There was an error in this gadget