Create a (good) greenhouse effect
Plastic lemonade containers are recyclable, but why not reuse them first? Create a mini-greenhouse to promote germination of seedlings so you can be ready to transfer them outside when the weather is right.
You will need a cleaned out powdered lemonade container and a plastic bag.
How to do it:
1. Widen out the container by cutting off any narrow portions at the top.
2. Poke a few holes in the bottom of the container for drainage. Place soil in the container and water lightly.
3. Place your finger in the soil to create a small divot where you will plant the seeds. Make the divots an inch apart. Plant one seed in each of the divots.
4. Wrap the container with a plastic bag and use rubber bands to create a seal. Do not cover the bottom with the plastic bag. Place the mini-greenhouse by a window so light can infiltrate and warm the soil.
5. Check soil moisture every few days and water accordingly. Reseal plastic bag after watering. To watch the progress of your seedlings, use a transparent plastic bag like those used for bread.