The WE Recycle program is a partnership through Waste Industries, University Athletics, Wolfpack Sports Properties and Waste Reduction and Recycling.
TAILGATERSAs a tailgater, it’s easier than ever to recycle!
- If you are in any of the NC State owned or State Fairgrounds tailgating lots, there are blue WE Recycle bins placed throughout the parking lots for your convenience.
- Tailgaters can also utilize the clear WE Recycle bags that can be found at select bag dispenser stations or are distributed by volunteers.
- All bottles, cans and clean cardboard (ex. six pack containers) can be placed in the clear recycling bags or blue bins.
- Remember to tie your bag and place it on the ground for pick up.
- A contractor will come by after the game to clean up and separate recycling and trash bags.
- Please put any cardboard with food residue (ex. Bojangles boxes), food waste and solo cups into the trash.
WE Recycle Volunteer Information
- Fill out the volunteer form
- Each person must sign up individually
- Volunteer slots are on a first come, first serve basis, and we may not be able to utilize all of the volunteers that sign up for each game. You will only receive an email from us if you are selected to volunteer.
- If you are selected to volunteer, we will contact you approximately 2 weeks in advance to confirm you are still interested and that you still would like a ticket and/or parking pass. At that time, we will also provide detailed information on a meet-up time and location (please note, game times are usually posted only a few weeks prior to each game).
- Volunteers do not need to be affiliated with NC State University (students, faculty and staff are welcome to volunteer with friends and family).
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must be with a parent/guardian at all times and have a signed waiver.
GROUP SIGN UPIf you have a group of 10 or more that would like to volunteer please send us an email with the following information:
- Group Name/Organization
- Number of interested volunteers
- Home game dates you would like to volunteer for
- Contact Information
- Distribute recycling bags to tailgaters 3-4 hours prior to each home game
- Provide instructions to fans on what can and cannot be recycled
- Pass out koozies and other promotional items
- Each volunteer will have a “buddy” to roam the tailgating lots with
- Volunteers should be prepared to do a lot of walking while carrying a backpack of supplies (please let us know ahead of time if you require any special accommodations)
- Game ticket (A limited number of tickets are available, any NC State students that volunteer are encouraged to apply for a student ticket through the ticketing website)
- Parking pass (A limited number of parking passes are available, we encourage carpooling whenever possible)